Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Art

Art. Art is everywhere, whether its on a museum wall or the margins of your notebook. It’s there. Art isn’t always a picture on a piece of paper; it’s a clay pot, a painted wall, a poem, a song, and even graffiti. I love the arts. There is no way you can fail in the language of art. (Unless you write “dhfhegbvhbhjakgrydbfdshagaegtuybfndbvahvhgeteyrhgfhgdsahfgkhgfaywerkj’oqwur90237u5rengdjkh yr 8 9[u 097R9032753UHGDSJGIUET6908Q3” as a poem. Then I don’t think it is art).
Here is one of my favorite poems by Robert Frost

“Fire and Ice”
Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice

Don’t you love it? Here is a poem I made up

I breathe
Yet I die today
No longer
I live
I perish
Air no longer filling me
Yet I feel a patter
A beating of happiness
And sorrow
For now I will
Leave and
Never come back
Tears swell in my eyes as I
Breathe my last breath and
Wave good-bye to
All I have once loved

Do you like it? I know it probably pretty amateur but I like it… here is another poem I like by Jay Asher (who wrote Th1rteen R3asons Why)

If my love were an ocean
There would be no more land
If my love were a desert
You would see only sand
If my love were a star-
Late at night, only bright
And if my love could grow wings
I’d be soaring in flight

Aloha (which is ‘hello’ and ‘good-bye’)


Check out the latest Arizona Cardinals Breaking News
MySpaceLayouts

No comments: